Best Inflatable Fishing Kayaks Of The Year
Here is a top ten list of the best inflatable fishing kayaks for everyone who enjoys combining kayaking with fishing.
1. Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Convertible
This is an inflatable 15-foot kayak, built for best performance in calm rivers, large water bodies such as oceans, and flat water.
This kayak is designed for tandem paddling with two adjustable seats. But as its name implies, the Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Convertible can be converted to a solo paddling kayak. The open deck design can be covered using the optional single or double decks, leaving only the cockpit open.
The Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Convertible features a tapered-pointed bow and stern design, which significantly improves its tracking and speed. It sits relatively low in the water, making it easy to paddle and maneuver the kayak. However, the back support it comes with is inadequate, and you may have to consider other seat options.
This kayak can hold up to 550 pounds of weight, with built-in mesh pockets under the front and back decking for storing gears. Also, it comes with a nylon carry bag with heavy-duty handles.
- It is highly portable and can be folded into a carry bag
- The kayak design allows for excellent maneuverability
- Increased versatility
- Best used in small water bodies like lakes and calm waters
- Insufficient space for cargo and gear
2. Sevylor Coleman Colorado
This is a lightweight and portable fishing kayak that can easily be packed in a backpack. The Sevylor Coleman Colorado is about 10 feet and made of high-quality PVC material.
It has a 1000D nylon tarpaulin at the bottom and an 840D nylon cover. These provide it with enough protection to withstand punctures and any form of damages. As an added protection, this kayak comes with multiple air chambers to enable it to stay afloat when it suffers a puncture.
The Sevylor Coleman Colorado features a set of paddle holders and 2 rod holders on either side to secure the paddles and prevent them from getting in the way when you are not paddling.
In addition, it comes with mesh storage pockets for storing fishing gears and other essential items.
- Extremely lightweight and easy to transport
- Sturdy enough for extra equipment, including trolling motors and batteries
- The boat is durable and has a puncture-resistant material
- It comes with adjustable seats
- Quite limited space and can be a bit cramped with two people and their fishing gear
- The boat lacks a pump
3. Intex Challenger K2
The 11.5-foot inflatable tandem Intex Challenger K2 is a kayak made for lakes and rugged rivers. It is made of 30-gauge PVC vinyl construction that makes it resistant to punctures from UV rays and rocks.
This kayak is easy to set up since it has only two compartments and seats. It features two inflatable backrests and lightweight paddles. It comes with a cargo net in the bow and storage space behind the seat.
Extra accessories include an Intex Double Quick II high output hand pump, a patch kit, and a storage bag.
- The kayak material is UV and puncture-resistant
- The cockpit features enough space for leg stretching, beneficial for a long-day kayaking
- It is easy to set up.
- Inadequate space for storage
- It lacks a drain plug, making it difficult to clean after use.
4. Sevylor Quikpak K5
The Sevylor Quikpak K5, weighing 23 pounds, is one of the most portable inflatable single-person kayaks out there. Despite its sturdy design, the kayak can be folded into a backpack for easy transportation. And in less than 5 minutes, you can easily convert the backpack into a seat and skirt.
The kayak is made of 24-gauge PVC construction and a thick tarpaulin bottom polyester cover, offering protection from puncture and abrasions. It also features three air chambers to enable the kayak to stay inflated if you hit a rough patch.
It has a fully adjustable seat and allows enough room space to stretch your legs for a whole day out kayaking or fishing. It comes with cargo space and d-rings for extra gear, with a load capacity of 250 pounds.
Additional accessories include a hand pump and an aluminum paddle that can be disassembled into three pieces for ease of transport.
- Fast and easy to inflate and set up
- Sturdy and durable design
- Highly portable
- It features spray covers that prevent water splash
- Challenging to drain
- The paddle is not durable or rigid
- It does not track well
5. Sea Eagle Inflatable Kayak
The Sea Eagle presents one of the most lightweight and portable inflatable kayaks on budget.
While it is made of high-quality PVC material, it has no protective fabric layer, making it susceptible to punctures from sharp objects and rocks. However, being lightweight allows it to easily float over submerged plants and rocks without popping or ripping. It also features several air compartments and a puncture repair kit for added protection.
If you are looking for a budget inflatable kayak with decent durability and features, the Sea Eagle offers you value for your money.
- Extremely affordable
- Portable and easy to transport
- Easy to set up and takedown
- The kayak material is sturdy enough to withstand damage
- Offers great versatility
- It does not come with a proper back support
- Best used in cool or warmer temperatures
- It sits high in water, making it difficult to maneuver
6. Sevylor Tahiti Classic
The Sevylor Tahiti Classic is one of the oldest kayak models; its first model was designed in 1963.
This kayak is constructed of high-quality 26-gauge PVC. It comes with multi-air compartments to allow it to stay inflated in case of a puncture and features a double lock valve to prevent air loss.
It has two inflatable seats that can be removed or moved and a bow and stern spray decks to avoid water splash. In addition, this kayak can hold up to 400 pounds of load
- Features enough space for two adults and their fishing gear
- The PVC material makes the kayak sturdy and durable
- It’s rudimentary and has basic speed
- Poor tracking
- It comes with no pump and paddles
7. Intex Explorer K2
The Intex Explorer K2 is one of the best-selling inflatable kayaks. Its affordability, user-friendliness, weight capacity, and not to forget to mention, its bright yellow color makes it a top choice for everyone into kayaking. It is excellent in calm waters like rivers and lakes and can be used by parents to introduce their child to kayaking.
The kayak is made of SUPER-TOUGH™ 30-gauge vinyl over a 1200 denier nylon shell with internal tubes. It has enough space for two paddlers and features inflatable seats with adjustable backrests for comfort. There is also storage for water, food, fishing equipment, and other supplies, and it can hold up to 400 pounds of weight.
The Intex Explorer K2 is perfect for anybody short on a budget or looking to enter the sport or train their children how to kayak.
- An excellent option for individuals on a budget
- Comfortable and spacious enough for two adults and a child
- It comes in bright colors
- It’s the ideal kayak for beginners
- Easy to set up and inflate
- The bottom easily absorbs heat and expands
- Not the right kayak for coastal areas
8. Advanced Elements StraitEdge
The Advanced Elements StraitEdge is a 41 pounds self-bailing kayak that performs excellently in whitewater with up to class III rapids. It incorporates aluminum rib-frames in the bow and stern – the first inflatable kayak to do that – for improved tracking in open water conditions.
The kayak has abrasion pads and multiple air chambers for better security against punctures from rough surfaces, hooks, tackle, or fish.
It comes with adjustable padded seats and high back support with inflatable lumbar support, allowing you to enjoy kayaking for an extended period. It has a load capacity of 300 pounds and has space for fishing accessories and gear.
Also, it has a carrying duffel bag for transporting the kayak and a repair kit.
- It’s self-bailing
- Made of sturdy material and can withstand any damage
- Simple to unfold
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- It tracks well and easy to maneuver
- It’s more expensive than other kayaks on this list
9. Sevylor Big Basin
The outstanding feature of the Sevylor Big Basin is the space. It comes with enough space to take up to 3 people, with room for leg stretching.
It is constructed from heavy-duty PVC and comes with a tough nylon fabric, offering it protection from puncture and abrasion. It has several air chambers for added protection to allow the kayak to stay inflated when caught in a snag.
It has three adjustable high-back seats that can be removed or moved to convert the kayak into tandem or solo paddling. It can hold a weight of up to 490 pounds and features spray skirts on the bow and stern to protect your gear from the water.
- Quick set up and inflation
- It is manufactured from sturdy and quality materials
- It is stable
- Comfortable and comes with adjustable seats
- It does not come with paddles and pump
- It’s difficult to fold into the carry bag
- Best used in calmer waters
10. Advanced Elements FireFly
Its manufacturer designed the Advanced Elements FireFly as an inflatable kayak for recreational fun and fishing for people to spend time with friends and family.
This kayak is made of heavy-duty PVC, with a 600 D polyester cover and a reinforced bow and stern with built-in rigid panels. With all these, you can expect protection from sharp objects and rough surfaces while kayaking.
For improved tracking, it features a landing plate and tracking skeg fin. This kayak can easily fit into your car boot and be stored in a closet when not in use.
It provides a bungee cord storage area for keeping your equipment and extra supplies. The Advanced Elements FireFly is made for lakes and rivers.
- It’s very affordable
- Easy to set up
- It’s stable
- Portable and easy to transport
- Not sturdy enough for rough conditions
- It comes with no seat and has inadequate storage space